05 Sep GEARING ROLES Final Conference in Brussels!
The journey towards institutional change: transforming gender roles in the academia
After four wonderful years GEARING Roles will soon come to an end. To celebrate, GEARING Roles will hold its final conference in Brussels on 18 October at the Museum of Natural Sciences
The objectives of our conference are to:
- Present the main achievements of GEARING Roles and lessons learnt throughout the process.
- Have an open learning discussion on gender mainstreaming and how it may transform gender roles in academic institutions.
- Discuss the sustainability of initiatives aiming at institutional change for gender equality.
- Engage with our partners and sister projects!
On the following day, the 19th of October Gender SMART will also hold its final conference in the morning. In the afternoon the two projects will come together to hold a special event with a focus on the European Year of Youth.
Online registration is mandatory: please find the registration form at this link: https://t.co/ySwGCEuYIi
If you are looking for places to stay while in Brussels, please follow this link for some ideas.
12:00-13:00 Networking lunch
13:00 – 13:20 Opening
- María Silvestre, Scientific Coordinator of Gearing Roles
- Athanasia Moungou, Gender Sector Unit D4-Democracy & European Values DG Research & Innovation, European Commission
13:20 – 14:00 Keynote Speeches
- Roman Kuhar, full professor, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana
- Victoria Showunmi, Associate Professor, UCL Institute of Education, University College London
14:00 – 15:15 Panel 1: Successful practices to transform gender roles in the different partner organisations – Chaired by: Izaskun Lacunza, FECYT
- Maria Lucinda Fonseca, IGOT, Universidade de Lisboa
- Ayşe Gül Altınay & Zeynep Gülru Göker, Sabanci University
- Merili Tamson, ETAG, Estonian Research Council
- Milica Antić Gaber, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana
- Anne Laure Humbert & Heather Griffiths, Oxford Brookes University
- Laia Tarragona, University of Deusto
15:15 – 15:45 Coffee Break
15:45 – 17:00 Panel 2: Taking stock of the projects aiming at institutional change and sustainability – Chaired by: Inge Bleijenbergh, Radboud University
- Maxime Forest, Yellow Window
- Maria Sangiuliano, SmartVenice
- Marina Cacace, Knowledge and Innovation
- Marcela Linková, Institute of Sociology of the Czech Academy of Sciences
- María Bustelo, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
17:00 – 17:15: Awards ceremony for winners of resistances competition
17:15 – 17:30: Launch of Gearing Roles Handbook for Creating a Gender-Sensitive Curriculum. Teaching and Learning Strategies
17:30 – 18:00: Final remarks
- María López Belloso, University of Deusto
We invite sister projects to share posters in our poster exhibition which will be entitled: “Zooming into best practices to transform gender roles in the academia.” which the following questions: how have you contributed to transform gender roles in the academia? What are some best practices to achieve gender equality in academia?
Please don´t hesitate to contact the GEARING Roles Project Team if you have any enquiries on: email@example.com
Download the poster for the conference agenda (link to poster here).