16 Jan Public launching of the Gearing Roles EU Project
In January 2019 the EU Horizon 2020 funded project GEARING Roles will be launched. The project will design, implement and evaluate 6 equality plans in 6 European institutions and will be coordinated by the University of Deusto. In addition to fostering the implementation of these gender equality plans, the GEARING Roles project aims at reflecting on the construction of gender roles in professional settings, and on the gendered career choices.
10.00 Public opening of the project.
- Dr. José María Gibert. Rector Magnificus of the University of Deusto
- Adolfo Morais. Basque Country Deputy Minister for Universities and Research
- Izaskun Landaida. Head of Emakunde, Basque Institute for Women
- Katherine Quezada. European Commission Project Officer
María Silvestre. Project Coordinator
Public presentation of project objectives, milestones and partners for local and regional stakeholders and media.
11.00 Coffee Break
11.30 Stakeholders meeting
First meeting with project stakeholders to define the role and tasks to be played during project implementation.
The first meeting of the GEARING-Roles Supporting Institutions network will be organised back to back the project Kick off Meeting. A specific working meeting will take place at the University of Deusto (Garate Room) on 17 January 2019 to:
- Explain the project goals and objectives
- Present the backing stakeholders and allies and the role to play
- Reflect and exchange ideas on the issue of gender roles in different
- Identify innovative ways and channels to broaden project impact
13.30 Lunch. University Cloister
If you are interested in participating please register in the following link.
For further information or help please contact María López: email@example.com (+34 944 139 190, Ext.: 2390)